The Princess Mother’s 100 th Year Honoured Fund under The Royal Patronage of H.R.M. Princess Maha Chakri Sirinhorn Fund was established by the Faculty of Dentistry, Prince of Songkla University (PSU) in commemoration of the Centenary Birthday of The Princess’Mother. The Fund was established in honor of Her Royal Highness The Princess ‘Mother and in recognition of her contributions with the aim of developing dental programs for Thai people, especially the underprivileged, to have good oral health. In addition, the Fund aims to promote and support development of Dentistry personnel at Prince of Songkla University (PSU). The Faculty of Dentistry, PSU was honored by Her Royal Highness Princess Galyani Vadhana to support the Fund and give permission for it to be named as “The Princess mother’s 100 th year Honoured Fund for The Faculty of Dentistry,PSU.
Since Her Royal Highness Princess Galyani Vadhana passed away, Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn has taken care of The Fund under Royal Patronage from November 26,2008
The Fund’s Operation
The Princess Mother’s 100 th Year Honoured Fund assists underprivileged patients in order to improve their quality of life as follows:
- To treat cleft lip and cleft palate patients.
- To rehabilitate the condition of the jaw and develop technology for the underprivileged who lost facial parts or ability due to accident, cancer or disabled from birth.
- To provide complete dental care to disabled children who have systemic diseases such as ap hasia, autism, and heart disease, etc.
- To provide assistance to the underprivileged poor.
- To provide all patients with access to the Royal mobile dental clinic.